- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- giant handful of chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- zest and juice of one small lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled sheep’s milk feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 carrots, thinly peeled with a peeler
- 3 cups sprouts of greens of choice
- extra virgin olive oil
- sriracha for spice, if needed
Rinse and drain the chickpeas. In a food processor, give the beans and cilantro a few quick pulses JUST to rough them up, you don’t want a paste. I’m talking like 2 to 3 pulses. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the tahini, lemon juice and zest, pinch of red pepper flakes, feta, olive oil and lots of fresh ground pepper. Stir to blend. Add a tiny splash of water if it looks too dry.
Combine the onion and vinegar in a bowl with a pinch of salt and toss with your fingers to coat just to soften them a bit. Set up your space with the carrots ribbons, vinegared onions and greens. Make each sandwich with a hearty swipe of the chickpea mash, a generous layer of onions, carrots, greens. Drizzle the vegetables with a bit of olive oil and your hot sauce on the side as needed.