- 10 tbsp butter plus more for the pans
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300. Butter a 13 x 9 baking pan. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-in overhang on 2 sides.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Add cocoa powder to melted butter and stir thoroughly.
- In a large bowl compine sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cocoa and butter mixture. Add eggs 1 at a time beating until just combined. Stir in vanilla. Mix in flour and salt in 3 additions, stirring until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake tester insterted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs, 35-40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. To make for easier cutting, chill brownies for about 1 hour.