- 1 Head of Cauliflower* (see note) chopped into small bite size pieces, about 1 3/4 lb (790g)
- 2 1/2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1 C (110g) Purple Onion chopped, about 1 medium
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbs Chipotle Chilis + Adobo Sauce mince the chilis and mix with adobo sauce - look for gluten free if needed
- 1 C (274g) Fire Roasted Tomatoes + its juices, leftovers may be frozen
- 1/2 C (135g) Your Favorite Prepared Salsa
- 12-14 6” Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Set oven rack to center of the oven and preheat to 425F (218C). Line a sheet pan with silpat or parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower with 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil and roast for 15-20 minutes, tossing and flipping the cauliflower once while roasting. When done, it should still be firm, yet toasty around the edges. Set aside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the remaining 1 Tbs olive oil in a large saute pan until it shimmers. Add the onion and saute on medium low for about 5-8 minutes, or just until softened. Sprinkle in the salt and cumin and add the chipotles + adobo sauce. Stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, salsa and roasted cauliflower. Stir to warm through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and put a lid on it until ready to serve.
- 3 C (150g) Purple and Green Cabbage shredded, loosely packed
- 1 Tbs Fresh Jalapeno seeded and chopped fine, or to taste (add more to take the spicy up!)
- 1/2 C (20g) Cilantro chopped
- Juice of Two Limes
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the red and green cabbage, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Set aside or rest in the refrigerator until ready for service.
- I like to warm my tortillas on a low open flame on the stove top turning with tongs a few times to lightly char the tortillas. To hold them warm, place the tortillas in foil and into a warmed toaster oven on low heat.
- On the tortilla, spoon a good smear of guacamole or pepita crema down the center of the tortilla. Spoon the cauliflower mixture evenly over the top, then add the slaw and any condiments you prefer.
- Store the leftover cauliflower mixture in the fridge in a lidded container for up to three days or it may be frozen for up to a month.