- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Raisins
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Apple
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Pineapple Chunks
- 2 cups grated Earthbound Farm Organic Carrots
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
These muffins are substantial enough to be satisfying day-starters or significant snacks. Chock-full of produce, they’re a great way to get more produce into your day (organic, of course).
What’s more, these muffins have some staying power; they actually taste better a day after baking, when the flavors have married. Store them at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days, or freeze them for up to 2 months.
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
Sift or whisk together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Add the coconut, raisins, apple, pineapple, carrots and nuts, and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the oil and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and blend well.
Spoon the batter into muffin tins lined with muffin cups, filling each to the brim. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.