- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter - melted
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove the heat. Let cool until lukewarm. (heat 3/4c, add 3/4c to cool)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set aside until yeast is frothy. Mix in eggs, sugar, suft butter, salt, and raisins. Stir in cooled milk. Add the flour gradually to make a stiff dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes. Place in a large, greased, mixing bowl, and turn to grease the surface of the dough. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons milk. Mix togheter 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture on top of the moistened dough. Roll up tightly; the roll should be around 3 inches in diamter. Cut into thirds, and tuck under ends. Place loaves into well greased 9x5 inch pans. Lightly grease tops of loaves. Let rise again for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 for 45 mintues, or until loaves are lightly browned and sound hollow when knocked. Remove loaves from pans, and brush with melted butter. Let cool before slicing.