- 3/4 melted butter or margarine
- 1 c. molasses
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 c. thick buttermilk (I use yogurt)
- 6.5 c. flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsps ginger
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tblsp lemon or orange extract (optional)
- Mix melted butter, molasses and honey until smooth. Add buttermilk (yogurt), then the flour sifted with salt, ginger, baking powder and soda.
- Add lemon or orange extract.
- Mix to a smooth, stiff dough. Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/3 inch.
- Cut into shapes and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on racks.