- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water.
- Stir to melt the tomato paste and create a sauce, adding more pasta water if necessary. Stir in the oregano, thyme, and parsley.
- Gently fold in the cooked pasta, peas, and the cheeses, adding more reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis