- Butter (for the dish)
- Salt, to taste
- 16 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Set the oven at 350. Generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles according to package instructions until they are tender. Drain them and rinse with cold water. Spread them evenly in the baking dish.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese. Beat in the honey, followed by the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the sour cream. The mixture should be thick and creamy. Pour it over the noodles.
- Bake the kugel for 45 to 60 minutes or until it is set and golden brown. Let the kugel sit for 10 minutes. Cut into squares.
Serves 8. KUGEL!!!